FIRST FRIDAY DEVOTION
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Apostle of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, received the unique favor of being visited by Our Lord Himself, who asked her to spread devotion to His Most Sacred Heart.
For all who are troubled by the many afflictions of modern life here is the greatest source of spiritual and temporal help, graces and blessings for those who truly love the Sacred Heart of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, and practice His requested Devotion with the essential prayers and acts including the “First Friday’s”. The Nine “First Fridays” must be made in honor of His Sacred Heart on nine consecutive months, and communion must be received. However, It is recommended that we honor the Sacred Heart of Jesus throughout the year not just for 9 months on each First Friday of every Month
in Honor of Your Sacred Heart in reparation
for the many blasphemies and sacrileges
being committed against Your Sacred Heart.”After receiving the Holy Communion and praising God, the following prayer can be said after communion or right after mass:“Behold this Heart that has loved men so much, and that finds only indifference, neglect, and ingratitude among most men-and often even among those whom it has honored with a special love.
Lord, we have heard Your sorrowful complaints. You revealed to the blessed servant and disciple of Your Heart, St. Margaret Mary, that You felt greater sorrow over this ingratitude than over all the sufferings You endured in Your passion; that if men would only make some return of love, you would count as nothing all that You have done for them.
Therefore, Lord, we will try to return love for love. Through our grateful, compassionate love, we shall be able to offer You at least some consolation. we want to live a life perfect in immolation, in service, and in love as Your Heart so greatly desired. Just as Mary Magdalen poured ointment over Your feet and sacred head, we likewise offer You adoration, love humility, and loyalty. With Veronica, we desire to console You for all the abuse that has been heaped upon You. And finally, with Your blessed Mother, St. John, and all the loyal and devoted friends standing on Calvary, we will stand by You faithfully to make up for Your many loved ones who have deserted You. May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be loved everywhere.
To the Heart of Jesus, most worthy of adoration, be praise, thanksgiving, and consolation throughout the whole world, now and forever. Amen.”
The Great Promise of Jesus to Saint Margaret M. Alacoque To all those who, during nine months on end, will receive Holy Communion on the first Fridays of every month.
I promise the Grace of final perseverance. They will not die in My disgrace, but will receive the Sacraments
(if necessary), and My Heart will be sure shelter for them in that extreme moment.
The nine Friday promises of our Lord to St. Margaret Mary
1. I will give them all of the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their houses.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their strength during life and above all during death.
5. I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place where a picture of my heart shall be set up and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant all to those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.