HOLY FACE DEVOTION
Promises of our Lord Jesus Christ
(To Sr. Mary of St. Peter, Discalced Carmelite Nun of Tours, France,
in Favor of those Who Honor His Holy Face)
This devotion is to have the TWOFOLD PURPOSE OF REPARATION FOR BLASPHEMY and REPARATION FOR THE PROFANATION OF SUNDAY and Holy Days of Obligation, the two principal sins which in modern times are provoking the anger of God. Sr. Mary of St. Peter said: “He then made me see that this frightful sin wounds His Divine Heart more grievously than all other sins, showing me how by BLASPHEMY the sinner curses Him to His Face, attacks Him publicly, nullifies His Redemption, and pronounces his own judgement and condemnation…The Savior made me understand that His justice was greatly irritated against mankind for its sins but particularly for those that directly outrage the Majesty of God–that is Communism, Atheism, cursing, and the desecration of Sundays and the Holy Days. He said, ‘The executioners crucified Me on Friday, CHRISTIANS CRUCIFY ME ON SUNDAY’.”
Prayer for the Sanctification of Sundays & Holy Days
Most glorious Patriarch St. Joseph, obtain from our Lord Jesus Christ His most plentiful blessings upon all those who keep Sundays and Holy Days holy; and grant that those who profane them may realize, while there is yet time, how great is the evil they commit and the punishment they draw upon themselves both in this present life and in the life to come; and grant that they may be speedily converted.
O most faithful St. Joseph, who in thy early life was ever faithful in keeping the law of God, grant that the day may soon come, when all Christian people shall refrain from those works that are forbidden on Sundays and Holy Days, devote themselves earnestly to the salvation of their souls and give glory to God: Who lives and reigns forever and ever. Amen. (composed by Pius X)
THE GOLDEN ARROW
(Dictated by Our Lord to Sister Mary of St. Peter)
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified, in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
(After receiving this prayer, Sister Mary of St. Peter was given a vision in which she saw the Sacred Heart of Jesus delightfully wounded by this “Golden Arrow” , as torrents of graces streamed from It for the conversion of sinners.)
HOLY FACE CHAPLET
CHAPLET OF THE HOLY FACE
The purpose of the Chaplet of the Holy Face is to honor the Five Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and to ask of God the triumph of His Holy Church. This Chaplet especially renders homage to the Face of Our Divine Savior and the wounds inflicted upon that Sacred Countenance during His bitter Passion. The devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus makes reparation especially for blasphemies and irreverences against the Holy Name of God and the Profanation of Sundays.
2. By My Holy Face, they will work wonders, appease the anger of God and draw down mercy on sinners
3. All those who honor My Face in a spirit of reparation will by so doing perform the office of the pious Veronica.
4. According to the care they take in making reparation to My Face, disfigured by blasphemers, so will I take care of their souls which have been disfigured by sin. My Face is the Seal of the Divinity, which has the virtue of reproducing in souls the image of God.
5. Those who by words, prayers or writing defend My cause in the Work of Reparation, especially My priests, I will defend before My Father, and will give them My Kingdom.
6. As in a kingdom they can procure all that is desired with a coin stamped with the King’s effigy, so in the Kingdom of Heaven they will obtain all they desire with the precious coin of My Holy Face.
7. Those who on earth contemplate the wounds of My Face shall in Heaven behold it radiant with glory.
8. They will receive in their souls a bright and constant irradiation of My Divinity, that by their likeness to My Face they shall shine with particular splendor in Heaven.
9. I will defend them, I will preserve them and I assure them of Final Perseverance.